25 September 2015

New Way to Search Partner Sites From FamilySearch



I logged onto FamilySearch tonight and noticed in the search record field the logos from the partner sites.


Clicking the FamilySearch logo takes you to a familiar page with search results for the persons whose profile page you searched from. The top five results were for my person.


The Ancestry.com logo has the same functionality as the FamilySearch link. The top nine results were for my person.


The find My Past search resulted in a total of four results, all for my person.


The MyHeritage results were mixed but among the top 20 results were three family trees for my person.

This search along with the hinting feature have made FamilySearch a first stop for searching for ancestors.


No comments:

Post a Comment