20 January 2014

Genealogy Fun - My Matrilineal lines

I know it is Monday but I have been thinking about the post Randy Seaver made called Saturday Night Genealogy Fun about Matrilineal lines in his Genea-Musing blog.

In his post, Randy talked about the lineage we have from mother to mother instead of father to father.

Here are my results:

1) My Matrilineal line is:

Anna Catherine Leib (1739-????) had one child and 2 grandchildren.*
Anna Catherine Weigel (1759-1820) 2 children and 10 grandchildren.*
Sarah Hoblit (1786-1859) had 9 children and 8 grandchildren.*
Margaret Lucas (1822-????) had 8 children and 7 grandchildren.*
Mary Charlotte Wood (1850-1913) had 7 children and 12 grandchildren.*
Henrietta Inez Moler (1896-1966) had 3 children and 4 grandchildren.*
Wilberta Annette Merrian (1922-2001) had 4 children and 13 grandchildren.
Linda Lee Bartholomew (1949-Present) has 4 children and 10 grandchildren.

2) I did this using the Legacy 8. I counted the number of children I have recorded for each person.

3) In the Descendant tab for each person I counted the number of names I have recorded with the number 3 next to them.

Click image to view a larger version

4) Not only did this list answer the question I have been thinking about for the last few days, it also made me aware of home much I have been focusing on my Paternal lines. I need to flesh out the entries for these women more and follow up with better descendent research on these families.

5)   I did this here!

The URL for this post is: http://genealogytrot.blogspot.com/2014/01/genealogy-fun-my-matrilineal-lines.html

I can see how this type of research can be very difficult to find documentation especially from before 1850. It did however show a great way for me to see where I have a  need for more research. I honestly did not know how many generations of this line I have in my database. I was surprised to see what I had and I am excited to see what other information I can find. I think I may also do the same exercise for my daughters lines.

Thanks for the tip Randy.

No comments:

Post a Comment