12 November 2015

Find, Take, Teach

Tonight I taught my first Find, Take, Teach class for members of my ward and stake. I think it went well, I hope those who attended got something out of it. As part of my employment I made a commitment to teach others the things I am learning.


Tonight we talked about the resources available on lds.org. You can access them on the homepage, by clicking the Families and Individuals link in the menu bar and then click the Family History link.


Here you can find resources about FamilySearch, indexing, lessons, and doctrine. Clicking either the Callings link in the left side menu or the Family History Callings from below leads you to resources about fulfilling your callings and responsibilities.

 
Check out the resources from the consultant blog, training for your position, or the consultant webinars.


Next we talked about the App Gallery on FamilySearch. You can access the apps from the link at the bottom of the page as seen in the image above.


I have covered several of these apps (Kinpoint, Hope Chest, and Puzzilla) previously in my blog but I suggest that you try them for yourself. I should have also mentioned the apps that they are working on at BYU: Relative Finder, Grandpa's Pie, and Virtual pedigree.

We talked about other things as well as general questions but if you want the good stuff you need to come to the class.

Here are two takeaway handouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment